A Wedding Bouquet, A Failure, and a New Pattern

Hello my dear readers! I hope this post finds you all in good health and spirits. I’ve been posting about a custom wedding bouquet that I’ve been working on, and then I forgot to come back and post the finished pictures here.
This is one of my favorite pieces I’ve ever made. It has some of my popular Ruffled Roses, lavender, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. The boutonniere has a small purple pansy, as it was special to the bride and groom, along with some berries.
 

Picture

So my husband’s birthday was a couple weeks ago, and he’s been having a hard time lately, so I figured I needed to make something special for him. I have been researching this idea for over a year, so it wasn’t a last-minute thing except in the timing. I had all my beads picked out, 11 shades in all including some cool glow in the dark beads. I spent days working on this thing, even stayed up into the wee hours of the morning trying to finish for his birthday. And then I failed. It is perhaps the ugliest thing I have ever seen made out of beads. My inspiration came from some watercolor paintings and I was trying to get that same shading pattern, but it ended up looking like a squirrel tried to tie-dye. I cried. It was devastating and I have never felt like a bigger failure. Mostly because I wanted something special for my wonderful husband, but wasn’t able to do it so I feel like I let him down. I won’t post a picture of the monstrosity here, because my pictures always get lifted and posted elsewhere, and then you’d know what it is and I want it to remain a secret for now. I’ve been reevaluating my design and I’m going to have to compromise. I need bigger beads for the main body of the thing, but I can’t find them in all the colors I wanted. So the main body will be simplified, and then I’ll use lots of colors in the other parts. I am determined to conquer this one! Just didn’t happen in time for his birthday. 🙁

But this is why my Asiatic Lily pattern is later than I planned. I just had to try to make him something and it pushed my scheduled work out a bit.


New Pattern!

Yay! It’s finally here. I published this pattern for my French Beaded Asiatic Lily last night. It is available here in my Pattern Shop, and in my Etsy Pattern Shop for those of you who prefer to shop there.

Buy PDF Pattern

This piece will not be for sale. I was originally planning on selling it, but then I got sad. I never get to keep any of my flowers since most of my work is custom made for other people. So, these are mine! Lilies are some of my favorite flowers.

For the next little while I may be pretty quiet on on fronts, both here on my website and on all social media accounts. I’m working on my Christmas Collection, so I will unveil all of those designs at the same time, right before I publish, but I might have a few sneak peeks!

I will also be working on that Scallops video tutorial for you guys. That will be sometime this month.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: