French Beaded Miniature Daffodils
When you think of Spring, Daffodils are some of the first flowers that come to mind. Their bright, cheerful flowers are among the first flowers we see after Winter ends. But you can enjoy Springtime all year round by making your own pot of Miniature Daffodils out of seed beads and wire.
The videos for this class are free, but there is a PDF of the pattern available to purchase in my shop.
Flower size: about 1 3/4 inches wide, and 8 inches tall.
Makes 5 flower stems with 3 leaves per stem
Round Seed Beads:
- 1.5 grams size 15/0 Japanese opaque pale yellow or cream (stamen)
- 30 grams size 11/0 transparent matte yellow rainbow (petals)
- 10 grams size 11/0 transparent matte light orange (cone)
- 8 grams size 11/0 transparent matte light topaz (spathe)
- 8 grams size 11/0 transparent light topaz (spathe)
- 30 grams size 11/0 transparent matte lime green (leaves)
- 70 grams size 11/0 transparent rainbow lime green (leaves, stem wrapping)
Copper Core Wire:
- ~50 ft (15.2 m) 26 or 24 gauge (0.4 or 0.5 mm) gold (petals, spathe)
- ~15 Ft (4.6 m) 28 gauge (0.3 mm) gold (cone)
- ~50 ft (15.2 m) 22 gauge (0.6 mm) lime green (leaves)
- ~30 ft (9.2 m) 30 gauge (0.25 mm) lime or light green (leaf lacing, assembly)
- ~12 ft (3.7 m) 28 or 26 gauge (0.3 or 0.4 mm) lime or light green (stem wrapping)
- Light green floral tape
- 5x 16 gauge (1.3 mm) florist stem wire
- Non-hardening clay
- Dried moss
- Pot approximately 5 x 5 inches (12.7 x 12.7 cm)