Hello my dear readers. Just a quick blog post today to talk about my newly released French Beaded Rose pattern.
One of the first patterns I ever published was for a rose. I retired that design when I moved from Lauren’s Creations to Bead & Blossom, because I’ve been wanting to redesign it forever. I’ve been designing and re-designing my rose pattern for years, but I’ve never been quite satisfied with it, so I avoided publishing a new rose pattern. This new design is a combination of the best parts of several of my previous rose patterns. It also teaches a new technique that I’ve not covered before – the Y-Frame.
Here is my arrangement that I put together for this tutorial. Eventually I’m going to add more to it, though I’m not sure what. Maybe some baby’s breath and ivy. Or just more roses in other colors. Or maybe lilies? I’ll figure it out eventually. But for now, we’ll just worry about the roses.
There are four different rose sizes that can be made from my new pattern: bud, small, medium, and large.
The PDF pattern is now available in my shop!
2019 One-A-Day Project Update
I’m working on another One-A-Day Project this year! If you missed the pictures for my 2018 Project, you can view those here.
For this year’s project I’m making a Christmas Wreath. I decided to start with the Poinsettias, since they’ll be the main flower on the wreath. So far I’ve got the bracts for one full Poinsettia and several petals for the two smaller Poinsettias (which I won’t picture here). I’ve decided to make a whole new design, rather than use my Poinsettia from Christmas Collection. These Poinsettias will be more decorative than realistic. So far I think it’s turning out well! Though making a design from scratch while only making one petal a day is harder than normal designing. I have to have a really good idea of what the finished petal will look like on it’s own and with the flower before I even make it. Luckily, Poinsettias are pretty forgiving in shape, so even if the petal doesn’t look exactly the same as the rest, it will still work in the finished flower. I used a lot of asymmetry with these bracts, which is a lot of fun. So the bracts aren’t all the exact same shape. 🙂