Learn how to make an Azalea Branch out of seed beads and wire, or take on the full topiary project! This project was originally going to be part of my upcoming book “Spring Collection” but I’ve decided to publish it separately instead.
The PDF is 13 pages long and contains 50 high quality images along with detailed written instructions for creating the Azalea Branch and Topiary.
To work this pattern you will need to be familiar with these French Beading Techniques:
These techniques are taught for free in the Learn French Beading section of my website.
The PDF is written in English with both inches/ft, and cm/mm/m used for measurements.
© 2019 Lauren Harpster. This design and pattern is copyright protected and is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. You are purchasing one copy of the pattern for yourself. It may not be shared, resold, or redistributed in any form, even without monetary gain. It may not be used for teaching classes. Flowers made from this pattern may be sold as long as credit is given to Lauren Harpster for the design.
Azaleas come in so many colors! You can find them in just about every shade of pink, purple, white, yellow, peach, orange, and red.
This pattern makes dainty 1 1/2 inch (3.8 cm) flowers. The materials below will create one branch containing 8 Flowers, 2 Opening Buds, 3 Buds, and foliage.
A finished Topiary is approximately 16 inches tall and 8 inches wide (40 x 20 cm).
To make the Topiary, you will need materials for five full branches. I always recommend that you purchase extra materials due to the differences in personal technique and bead weight variation from one brand to another.
Materials for one branch:
- 70 grams size 11/0 seed beads in petal color
- 35 grams size 11/0 light green seed beads
- 70 grams size 11/0 medium green seed beads
- <1 gram size 11/0 brown seed beads
- 50 ft (16 m) 26-24 gauge copper core wire in petal color
- 20 ft (6 m) 30-28 gauge copper core wire in petal color
- 70 ft (22 m) 26-24 gauge green copper core wire
- 20 ft (6 m) 26-24 gauge light green copper core wire
- 10 ft (3 m) 28 gauge light green copper core wire
- 4 pieces 16 gauge (1.2 mm) florist stem wires
- Light green floral tape
- Brown floral tape