Learn how to make some cute little fluttery butterflies out of seed beads and wire in the “French Beading” method. These little butterflies are fun to add into floral arrangements and potted plants.
The PDF is 14 pages long and contains over 60 high quality images along with detailed written instructions to make a the butterflies. The main instructions use size 11/0 seed beads, but the PDF also includes instructions for altering the main pattern to work for 15/0 Japanese seed beads.
11/0 version: 2.75 x 2.75 inches
15/0 version: 2.25 x 2 inches
• 8 grams 11/0 round seed beads – transparent sapphire rainbow – Toho 178 (wing main color)
• 4 grams 11/0 round seed beads – opaque matte black – Toho 49F (wing markings, body)
• 1x 4mm round black crystal pearl (head)
• 1x 6mm round black crystal pearl (body)
Colored Copper Wires:
• 10 ft (3.1 m) 26g light blue (wing working wire)
• 2 ft (61 cm) 24-22g light blue or silver (wing basic row)
• 5 ft (1.5 m) 30g light blue (wing lacing wire, assembly wire)
• 2 ft (61 cm) 26g black (body)
• 1x 16g florist stem wire or galvanized steel wire
• light green floral tape