French Beaded Stargazer Lily – PDF PatternSelect Currency ▼
French Beaded Stargazer Lily pattern by Lauren Harpster
Difficulty Level: Advanced
The techniques used are Intermediate level, but the shading pattern is Advanced.
In French Beading, bead counts for complex shading patterns are not very reliable. Even when I remake these petals with the same beads, the counts are not the same. Small differences in personal technique will shift bead counts. However, I have provided pictures of each row in the petals, along with written shading guidelines for each row. You will need to be able to adjust the shading a little as needed.
More details below.
Learn how to make a realistic Stargazer Lily out of seed beads and wire in the French Beading method.
The PDF is 18 pages long and contains over 70 high quality images and written instructions.
The PDF is written in English with both inches/ft and cm/mm/m used for measurements.
This pattern is written for those already familiar with these French Beading techniques:
- Wire-Back Fringes (Loop Fringe variation)
- Basic Frame
- Lacing (and Lace-as-you-go)
- Extensions (Top and Bottom Wire)
- Unit Support Wires
These techniques are all taught for free in the Learn French Beading section of my website.
The pattern contains instructions for the skip-lacing technique.
© 2019 Lauren Harpster. This design and pattern is copyright protected and is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. You are purchasing one copy of the pattern for yourself. It may not be shared, resold, or redistributed in any form, even without monetary gain. It may not be used for teaching classes. Flowers made from this pattern may be sold as long as credit is given to Lauren Harpster for the design.
These materials will make one stem (1 Flower, 1 Bud, 6 Leaves). I recommend purchasing a little bit extra to make up for the differences in personal technique.
Beads: SB = seed beads
- 20 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Ruby (Color A)
- 20 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Rose Red (Color B)
- 40 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Rosy Pink (Color C)
- 30 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Light Pink (Color D)
- 25 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Lime AB (Color E)
- 35 grams size 11/0 SB in Pearl White (Color F)
- 40 grams size 11/0 SB in Green (Color G)
- 25 grams size 15/0 SB in Light Green (Color H)
- 5 grams size 11/0 SB in Transparent Ivory AB (Color I)
- 1 gram size 11/0 SB in Brown or Reddish Brown (Color J)
- 40 ft (12.2 m) 24 gauge (.5 mm) copper core wire in Hot Pink
- 12 ft (3.7 m) 22 gauge (.6mm) copper core wire in White
- 40 ft (12.2 m) 24 gauge (.5 mm) copper core wire in Green
- 12 ft (3.7 m) 24 gauge (.5 mm) copper core wire in Light Green
- 15 ft (4.6 m) 30 gauge (.25 mm) copper core wire in Hot Pink
- 3 ft (1 m) 28 gauge (.315 mm) copper core wire in Light Green
- 5 ft (1.5 m) 30 gauge (.25 mm) copper core wire in Green
- 2 ft (61 cm) 30 gauge (.25 mm) copper core wire in Light Green
- 26 inches (60.4 cm) 14 gauge (1.6 mm) galvanized steel wire
- Green floral tape
- Green embroidery floss (optional)
- A few feet of pale green yarn
- Wire cutters
- Heavy duty wire cutters, for cutting thick steel
- Taper measure/ruler
- Bead spinner (optional)
PDF + Bead Set, PDF only
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.