This PDF is 10 pages long and contains over 50 high quality images along with detailed written instructions to help you recreate your own French Beaded Ball Dahlia.
You do need to know some French Beading techniques before making the dahlia.
All ofthese techniques are taught in the Learn French Beading section of my website.
– Continuous Basic Frame is also taught in full in this pattern.
Note: The assembly of this flower is very difficult, and the flower will be very top heavy.
All sales of PDF tutorials and patterns are final and cannot be refunded.
PDF written in English using both Imperial and Metric terms for measurement.
© 2017 Lauren Harpster. This design and pattern is copyright protected and is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. You are purchasing a copy of the pattern for yourself only. It may not be shared, resold, or redistributed in any form, even without monetary gain. It may not be used for teaching classes. Flowers made from this pattern may be sold as long as credit is given to Lauren Harpster for the design. Otherwise, flowers made from this pattern may not be sold.
- 170 grams size 11/0 seed beads in petal color
- 80 grams size 11/0 seed beads in leaf/sepal color
- 4 grams size 11/0 light green seed beads (for bud)
- 180 ft (56 meters) 24 gauge copper core wire in petal color
- 30-32 gauge copper core wire in petal color
- 50 ft (16 meters) 24 gauge copper core wire in leaf/sepal color
- 3 ft (1 meter) 22 gauge copper core wire in leaf color
- 30-32 gauge copper core wire in leaf color
- 6x 12” pieces 16 gauge florist stem wire
- Green floral tape
- Petal colored floral tape (if possible)
Material amounts are approximate. Always purchase a little more than you need.
- Wire Cutters
- Measuring Tape/ Ruler
- Bead Spinner (optional, but recommended)