French Beaded Moth Orchid – PDF PatternSelect Currency ▼
Digital Downloadable PDF Pattern for French Beaded Moth Orchid by Lauren Harpster
Difficulty Rating: Advanced
The PDF you will receive is 22 pages long and contains 96 high quality images along with detailed written instructions to help you recreate your very own French Beaded Moth Orchid.
- Basic Frame
- Continuous Loops
- Continuous Wraparound Loops
- Lacing (and Lace-as-you-go)
- Unit Support Wires
- Stem Wrapping (optional)
All of these Techniques are taught in the Learn French Beading on my website.
-This pattern teaches the Loop-Back Technique.
Bloom Size: Approximately 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) wide.
Plant Size: Approximately 18 inches (45 cm) tall (not including pot).
The pattern creates a full plant with 5 full flowers, 5 buds in multiple sizes, and 6 large leaves. I always recommend that you purchase extra materials, just in case.
NOTE: Moth Orchids come in so many different colors and coloring patterns. This master class is set up so the advanced shading shown in the blue orchid above is optional. You do not have to use this shading pattern. It is not possible to give bead counts for this type of complex shading, but I have made notes to help you recreate the look at the end of the PDF.
Lauren Harpster © 2018. This design and pattern is copyright protected and is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. You are purchasing a copy of the pattern for yourself only. It may not be shared, resold, or redistributed in any form, even without monetary gain. It may not be used for teaching classes. Flowers made from the pattern may be sold as long as credit is given to Lauren Harpster for the design. Otherwise, flowers made from this pattern may not be sold.
PDF written in English using both Imperial and Metric terms for measurement.
- 130 grams size 11/0 seed beads in petal color
- 15 grams size 11/0 seed beads in lip/throat color
- 3 grams size 11/0 seed beads in column color
- 230 grams size 11/0 seed beads in medium green
- 12 grams size 11/0 seed beads in light green (for buds)
- ~20 grams size 11/0 seed beads in support stick color
- 40 ft (~12 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) petal color copper core wire
- 13 ft (~4 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) throat colored copper core wire
- 125 ft (~38 m) 22 gauge (.06 mm) green copper core wire
- 20 ft (~6 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) light green copper core wire
- 30-32 gauge copper core wire in petal color, for lacing
- 30-32 gauge green copper core wire, for lacing
- 30-32 gauge copper core wire in throat color, for lacing
- 28 gauge copper core wire in stamen color
- 28 gauge copper core wire in support stick color
- ~6 ft (~2 m) 14 gauge galvanized steel wire
- 1 1/2 skeins embroidery floss (optional, for stem wrapping)
- Floral tape
- Pot measuring at least 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (14 x 14 cm)
- Plaster of Paris, Non-Hardening Clay, or other heavy potting material.
- Artificial Moss, Grass, mulch, etc. to cover the plaster or clay.
- If you are not making a beaded support, substitute another support.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.